October Beauty Essentials + Skincare Routine

8:00:00 PM





I have a combination to dry skin meaning that during season changes I can have break out in the T-zone area even if it doesn't look oily and my cheeks are dry. During winter, my skin is very dry and without good moisturizer, I cannot survive. I have tried a lot of facial skincare during the years but nothing beats La Mer, of course in term of price as well. Their products are pricey but well worth the price. You don't need to put on a lot of products so they do last longer than the usual skincare. Plus back in Asia people do a lot of laser treatments to improve their skin which can be a lot more expensive than luxurious skincare and come with risks so I prefer to invest money on good skincare. This month I have purchases a few new products to try and see if they are better than the one I use regularly. One of the best discovery of this month is the Lancome toner. The beauty adviser at my local Sephora store recommended me this one over Lancome Tonique Comfort as she said that one would be too heavy for my skin and now I am happy as I am loving this toner. I usually use Clarins toner which is also good  and alcohol-free but I am not loving the smell. This Lancome toner, however, smells like a garden full of flowers but not too strong so it's perfect. 

The Newbies
Lancome Tonique Douceur Softening Hydrating Toner
Alcohol-free toner that smells like heaven and remove traits of impurities from the skin.
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Great mask to cleanse the pore and get rid of acne
Biotherm Aquasource Gel
Give your skin some water!
Sephora Colourful Sleeping Mask
Fun and colourful mask to put on at night before sleep when you are bored of your regular mask.
Lush Rehab Shampoo
Detox shampoo that smells like a session of aromatherapy spa

The Old Goodies
La Mer Crème de la Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
Invented by a rocket scientist. Need I say more?
La Mer The Treatment Lotion
The best thing to prep my skin before using any face cream, making my skin silky smooth.
La Mer The Lip Balm
The savior for my lips during cold months.
Dolce &Gabbana Dolce Edp
The prettiest white floral scent. Too bad it is not long-lasting.
Amore Pacific Treatment Cleaning Foam
Clean my skin well and last a very long time
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
The best make up remover, it can remove MAC Liquidlast liner which is the most waterproof eyeliner on the market.
Lancome Advanced Genifique Eye Light Pearl
Cool applicator, but I still don't see much improvement.
Sephora Bath&Body Stuffs
Must have Bath & Body products. Good quality and reasonable price. I use everything from their range including shower gel, body lotions, body scrubs, body oil, body mask and hand cream.

Skincare Routine
I have a combination skin meaning that my face tends to be more oily in the T-Zone. Actually it is not visibly oily but I do have break outs in the T-Zone are.My evening routine is pretty much the same everyday but my morning varies (Depends on my skin condition that day)

Morning: Start with Amore Pacific Treatment Cleaning Foam. Follow by Lancome Toner, Aquasource Gel sometimes I use Lamer Lotion instead of the Aquasource gel if my skin feels too dry and sometimes I use Murad Skin perfecting lotion if I have a lot of break out.

Evening: I remove my make up with Clinique Cleansing Balm, rinse off with warm water then use my Amore Pacific Cleaning Foam to clean the remaining. Follow by Lancome Toner, Lamer treatment and Crème de la Mer. For the eye I'm using Lancome to help eliminate the puffiness and the dark circles around my eye.

Weekly: I use Glamglow mask twice a week at night, follow by my evening skincare routine.

Hair
My scalp is very sensitive so I try to use natural products on my hair. I have been using Aveda products for my hair for more than two years. They are good but pricey so I am starting to replace them with the hair products from Lush Cosmetics, starting with the Rehab shampoo and so far I am loving it. I probably will try more products from Lush Hair Range. I have also tried the shampoo bars but they are not so convenience to store as you need to keep them dry all the time.

SHOP THIS POST


So these are my beauty essentials and my skincare routine. If you have any skincare, bodycare or haircare to suggest me please feel free to leave me a comment or drop me an email. I welcome all suggestions. I do know that skincare is a very personal thing, so what work for me might not work for you but if you have tried some of the products I am using and see positive results please let me know. :)

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I cannot live without La Mer products anymore! They really do wonders to my skin! I also love the Dolce perfume, so good! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! They are so good :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my, so many goodies! All the products look fantastic. I want to try out those La Mer luxuries! :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them out, I started with the lip balm and literally can't live without it now :D

      Delete
  3. Great products!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! I wish UK had Sephora! I have been using Laroach-Posey for a long long time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way are you kidding me? I can't live without Sephora products haha
      I think you should be able to find Laroach-Posey in drugstore or just order from France. I ordered a lot from the UK, I think I should live there but no sephora is sad :(

      Delete

Popular Posts

Message Me on Facebook

Featured Post

10 Most Amazing Places I Have Visited in 2015

         1. Mount Etna Location: Sicily, Italy One of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Got me feeling like I was on another planet ...

Subscribe