I Dreamed a Dream, Bangkok Night

3:49:00 PM


For this post, I am taking you back to where I come from, Bangkok. Bangkok is a place I can always call home. It is my comfort zone, a place I know the best, a place where I can always find my friends. It has been a very long time since I left Bangkok but somehow I can always feel at ease whenever I go back there. Maybe because I know that whenever I go there, there will be people waiting to see me. Now that I think about it, I have spent 7 years abroad in 4 different countries, 2 continents and still planning to add in more countries to my list. It is a big accomplishment for someone from a small country who you might not even know about and this can only happen because I have a dream.

I have a dream, I always have a dream. When I was young I dreamed of being a model. But as I grew up I find myself being drawn into the world of science and technology and growing up in a family of a doctor, I was always encouraged to study science. When I was 12 years old, my father gave me a book called “Goals” by Brian Tracy. It was the best book I have ever read in my entire life. After reading the book, my life suddenly has a purpose. I started to set my goals, to think about what do I want to be in the future. I set my goal to get into the best high school in Thailand. It was a pretty big goal for a twelve year old who wasn’t even the best student in her class at that time. But at least, I turned my dream into a goal and I got in this high school as I set my goal to. Then I had some international exposures in high school that inspired me to study abroad. So, I tried to apply to the universities in the USA. I got into University of Southern California but in the end I did not go there because of my financial situation at that time. Fast forward, I graduated from an engineering school in Korea. I had to decide what to do with my life after graduation and I chose to work instead of taking master degree like most of my friends are doing because I think there are much more to learn in the real world. I then had to decide where I want to work. I could not see myself working in Thailand so I took an international job and has been working as an expat since my first year of work. Then I moved to my dream city, Milan. Working abroad is my most valuable life experience. A lot of things have changed in my life, mostly internally. I have grown so much that my new friends always think I am older than my age because they said I am very mature.

I think last month I wrote that the biggest change of my life is that I changed from a girl who doesn’t exercise to a girl who exercises 3-4 times per week. Well guess what now I am going to the gym 5 times per week and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t know how I have changed so much. Maybe because I always have a picture of how I see myself in 1,2,5,10 years in my head so subconsciously I am trying to match the picture I have. Right now, I am seeing myself as a fitness model so I am taking every action to make my dream come true. I train harder than before, I have been in touch with a lot of photographers and I am collecting my portfolio. 

Let me share with you some dreams I have right now. At some point of my life, I would love to live in the following cities: New York, Los Angeles, London, doesn’t have to be in this order. Meanwhile, in the next three years, I want to travel to Malta, Santorini, Mykonos, Dubrovnik, Prague, Budapest, Lisbon, Valensole, Amsterdam, Marrakesh, Dubai, Mont Blanc, Dolomites, Interlaken, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Cancun, Rio de Janeiro, salt flat in Bolivia, Machu Picchu, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Maldives, Bora Bora and the list goes on and I want to share those moments with the people that I love. I do not know how it will happen but I know it will happen if I take actions toward it. If you want to join my journey or you can help make my dream come true, let me know.

If you want to know more about me professionally, you can visit my Linkedin profile 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Message Me on Facebook

Featured Post

10 Most Amazing Places I Have Visited in 2015

         1. Mount Etna Location: Sicily, Italy One of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Got me feeling like I was on another planet ...

Subscribe