10 Most Amazing Places I Have Visited in 2015

1:00:00 PM

        

1. Mount Etna
Location: Sicily, Italy

One of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Got me feeling like I was on another planet when I was climbing on top of it.


2. Playa de Ses Illetes
Location: Formentera, Spain

Long white sand beach of Balearic sea with crystal clear blue water and red stones. Seriously the most beautiful beach in Europe I have ever been to.


3. Velley dei Templi
Location: Sicily, Italy

Amazing UNESCO world heritage site comprises of seven Doric style ancient Greek temples including one of the most well preserved ancient Greek temple in the world, Temple of Concordia


4. Duomo di Monreale
Location: Sicily, Italy

With the rating of 5 out of 2500 reviews on tripadvisor.com, I do not need to describe how beautiful people think this Norman style cathedral is. However, the highlight of the cathedral is its garden, Chiostro dei Benedettini. The garden comprises of 216 columns lining up in the perfectly square courtyard. 


5. Sagrada Familia
Location: Barcelona, Spain

One of the masterpieces of Antoni Gaudi. Yes, the exterior in impressive but the interior deisgn is mind blowing. I was stunned by the rainbow light inside the church.


6. San Giuseppe dei Teatini
 Location: Sicily, Italy

One of the most outstanding example of Sicilian Baroque church located in Quattro Canti area in Palermo. I felt lost in baroque art by looking at the interior of the church.


7. Positano
Location: Salerno, Italy

A charming village on Amalfi Coast in the south of Italy turned a resort town. Famous for it colorful houses on the cliffs, chilies and lemons. 


8. Colosseum
Location: Rome, Italy
One of the Seven Wonders of the world. This Amphitheater dating back in 80AD is full of history of the great Roman Empire.


9. Monte San Salvatore
Location: Lugano, Switzerland

A mountain in the Lepontine Alps overlooking Lake Lugano and the city of Lugano. From the top of the mountain, you can see the amazing panoramic view of Lugano.


10. Koh Tachai
Location: Pang-Nga, Thailand

One of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful, island in Thailand. It has just recently been opened for tourism during the past few years so the island is clean. The beach here also has the purest, most delicate white sands I have ever seen in my life. 

This is my last post in 2015, I wish you all a happy new year and have a great time on your holidays wherever you are. See you next year :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Message Me on Facebook

Featured Post

10 Most Amazing Places I Have Visited in 2015

         1. Mount Etna Location: Sicily, Italy One of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Got me feeling like I was on another planet ...

Subscribe